The Exchange Building’s building specifications
The Exchange will be 15 stories and 345,000 square feet of mixed-use space. It will offer nearly 60,000 square feet of commercial / retail space, 289 internal parking spots, and 133 luxury apartments. Chemical Bank will anchor the project in a 2-story, 14,000 square foot suite at the front of the building. The first floor will also offer over 6,500 square feet of retail space available facing Michigan Ave., as well as a 1,055 square foot suite facing Rose St.
On the 7th floor, there is almost 27,000 square feet of space that overlooks downtown Kalamazoo. The 15th floor penthouse will boast rooftop terraces and 15,000 square feet of commercial space with some of the most striking views available in Kalamazoo. This space will be perfect for many uses with its one-of-a-kind views of the Kalamazoo valley.
For more detailed information, see below:
- Scope – Approximately 345,000 total square feet, mixed-use of commercial, apartments and parking spaces
- Investment / Cost to Construct – Approximately $52.4 million
- Height – 15 stories above grade
- Completion Date – The spring / summer of 2019
- Total Commercial Space – Approximately 60,000 sq. ft. of office and retail space (floors 1, 2, 7 & 15)
- Total Parking Spaces – Approximately 289 enclosed, private parking spaces (floors 2 – 6)
- Total Apartments – 133 high-end residential units (floors 8-14)
- Apartment Unit Mix – A mix of 2-bedroom/2-bath; 1-bedroom/1-bath; and Studio/1-bath units
- Apartment Type – Conventional, market-rate apartments
- Views – All units offer excellent views of downtown Kalamazoo and the Kalamazoo Valley
- Amenities – To include common rooftop terraces, club room, fitness center, on-site parking, on-site ATM, on-site banking, possibly on-site dining (restaurant to be announced), many high-end finishes, etc.
- Property Walk Score – A very high 90 out of 100 possible for walking convenience to downtown attractions
- Pricing – To be announced by summer 2018
- Reservations – Phoenix Properties is currently taking deposits and reservations by Wendy Podd at (269) 375-6300
- Developers – Phoenix Properties and PlazaCorp Realty Advisors (both from Kalamazoo, MI)
- Construction Management – Orion Construction (from Grand Rapids, MI)
- Architecture – Byce & Associates (from Kalamazoo, MI)
- Financing – Provided by Chemical Bank in participation with Old National Bank. Project support and financing also by The City of Kalamazoo Brownfield Redevelopment Authority, City of Kalamazoo Downtown Development Authority, and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
- Commercial Tenants – Chemical Bank as our anchor commercial tenant. Others to be announced.